KBYS is a non-commercial community/college radio station broadcasting from the McNeese State University campus in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
KBYS is not just for McNeese students – our doors are open to all of Southwest Louisiana! KBYS is listener supported and relies on community donations and volunteers to operate.
KBYS Radio is:
- A non-commercial, community/university radio station located in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
- KBYS first went on-air May 15, 2014.
- KBYS currently broadcasts at 88.3 FM at 1000 watts, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and covers Lake Charles, Sulphur, Westlake, Moss Bluff and parts of Calcasieu, Cameron and Jeff Davis parishes.
- KBYS is upgrading this fall to 4000 watts along with the only HD transmission in SWLA which will substantially increase our reach and listener base.
- KBYS format includes a range of hits from the 60s, 70s, 80s and beyond with a variety of specialty shows offering even more depth and diversity to the programming.
- KBYS streams at WWW.KBYS.FM around the world at full 320kbps with multiple feeds powered by SHOUTcast servers hosted on the campus of McNeese State University.
- KBYS is supported by community volunteers and is managed by a core group of McNeese staff who volunteer their time and talent to help run the station.
- KBYS offers semester internships for students who want to learn on-air personas, media production, marketing, engineering, sales, social media, and community outreach.
- KBYS is licensed through McNeese State University but is solely funded by listener donations, underwriting and sponsorships.